More rules for the Ace Trainers League have been made regarding battle, as well as some new rules regarding Pokémon that can and cannot be used. You may notice many of these rules are the same as those from the Pokémon Video Game Championship Series.
1. Trainers may use between 4 and 6 pokémon when facing gym leaders or the elite four.
2. Pokémon can be of any level between 1 and 100.
3. Trainers may not have 2 or more of the same pokémon in their party.
4. Trainers may not use 2 or more pokémon with the same nickname.
5. Trainers may not use a pokémon using the name of another pokémon species (ie, a charizard names rattata).
6. Pokémon are not to have inappropriate names when competing in the league.
7. Trainers found to have used external devices while training their pokémon or battling will be disqualified. This goes for trainers, elite four, and gym leaders.
The following pokémon are not permitted to combat in the Ace Trainer League. While many were restricted in the Pokémon VGC, here they are not permitted:
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Regigigas, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Latias, Latios
The following pokémon are restricted in the ATU league (no more than 2 of any of these in your party):
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Spiritomb, Heatran, Cresselia, Tyranitar, Dragonite, Metagross, Garchomp, Salamence
Pokémon restrictions and ineligibilities pertain to trainers, gym leaders, and elite four.
There are no held item restrictions. However, no two pokemon can hold the same item.
If more rules are to be made, they will be posted.